Civil Earthworks Oilsands Mines
Civil Earthworks Oilsands Mines
90 km North of Fort McMurray, AB
Oil & Gas
- Ongoing civil earthworks projects in relation to Base Mine oil sands project, located in Alberta’s Athabasca region.
- Pond construction and material placement – 800,000 m3.
- Tailings pond placement – 50,000 m3 winter subsoil and topsoil placement for new construction.
- Tailings pond ditching – 15,000 m3 excavation and final grading.
- Reclamation stripping, berm construction and erosion control.
- Riprap, gravel placement and geotextile / culvert / pipe installation.
- Road widening – 4 km of road subgrade construction, gravel placement, and parallel ditch construction.
- Reclamation landforming – grading work to reclaim waste dump areas.
- Pitwall liner construction – 146,000 m3 haul and placement of material.
- Tailings pond infill – 80,000 m3 haul and placement of sand infill on an active dyke.
- Peat salvage – load, haul, and stockpile – 750,000 m3.
- Road construction – 5 km.
- Drain system construction – 5.5 km of bell-spigot and fused HDPE.
- Pipeline corridor grading – 3 km.
- Ditch excavation for peat and site drainage – 500,000 m3.
- Berm and dyke placement.
- Final grading of gravels for laydowns and quonset pads – 10,000 m3.
- Installation of culverts, sleeves, and crossings.
- Gravel hauling and stockpile for winter traction on haul roads – 20,000 m3.
- D13 Chimney Excavation
- Excavate and placement of dyke fill.
- Digby Sump Liner
- Construction of surface fluid pond.
- Dyke 11B Cut Pond 8A
- ADW Road Crossing S19, S22
- TRO Kame Ditching
- Excavating 4 km drainage ditch and installation of 1.5 m diameter culvert.
- Dewater existing ditch, backfill 40,000 m3 material and graded for drainage.
- Dewatering Landforming
- Sand Dump 8 – MD4 Liner
- Road Corner Flaring Work
- Pond 5 Cell Coke Construction
- Load, haul and place 800,000 m3, geotextile anchoring and coke placement.
- Tailings Run Off (TRO) Mitigation
- Reclamation stripping and casting of 21,000 m3 peat to prepare ditch cut.
- Construct 500 m new drainage ditches and1 m high containment berm.
- Install 3 drainage tailing pipes, rip rap supply and placement around drainage structures, slope excavation of 5,000 m3 and placed at stockpile.
- South Tailings Pond Perimeter Ditching
- Excavate 15,000 m3 silt and vegetation from existing 250 m ditch to allow proper drainage, excavated material hauled and place on berms.
- Final grading performed by GPS survey with excavator and dozer.
- STP Winter Placement
- Load, haul and place uploads, subsoil and topsoil from new mining locations to STP slopes, 50,000 m3 load, haul and placed.
- Gravel Pit South
- 2018 – Windrow 1,000,000 m3, upland and peat. Load, haul and place 1,000,000 m3 upland and peat.
- RMS 2 Pile Rehandle
- 2018 – 8 km Haul and place of 900,000 m3 peat material & 7 km haul and place 1,400,000 m3 upland material.
- Rejects Management 1st Froth
- South Waste Haul Road
- OPP Haul Road Gravel Capping
- Scaffold Yard Value
- HVFD Berm Construction
- OPTA Level 1 Drain
- RMS 7 Peat Salvage & Advance Road
- Load, haul & place 1,100,000 m3 to permanent landfill cell. Construct & maintain temporary 2 km access road. Strip peat layer. Construct perimeter and cross ditches.
- No Net Loss Lake & Toe Drain System
- Construct 5,445 m drain system. Construct access road. Excavate, haul and place embankment at dyke, ram, crossover. Finish grading of corridor. Placement of pipe overburden. Berm construction.
- Gravel Test Pitting/Aggregate Exploration