Location: Edmonton, AB
Posting Date: November 20, 2019
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Full Time / Salary
Reporting to: Operations Controller
Under the direction of the Operations Controller, the PO Administrator will be responsible for Purchase Order creation, tracking, and close out. The position is highly detail oriented, with a strong focus on internal/external customer service.
- Issuing POs with proper coding for accurate job/ equipment costing;
- Issuing POs for Subcontractors following the Subcontractors agreements;
- Maintaining the Subcontractors agreements files;
- Following up weekly on outstanding project/job/equipment POs;
- Reconciling outstanding POs when job complete;
- Reconciling outstanding POs when equipment is returned, or ownership is transferred;
- Reconciling POs received to PO Control GL;
- Ensuring proper coding on POs issued by equipment maintenance group;
- After hours coverage for issuing POs;
- Promote positive relationships when working with co-workers and internal//external clients.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and communication skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Detail and results oriented with the ability to multi task and adhere to deadlines;
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and adapt to a constant changing environment;
- Knowledge/understanding of job costing, time entry, billing and 3rd party vendor invoices processing;
- Able to follow procedures and directions;
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS office, especially with Excel.
- Relevant post-secondary training in accounting;
- Over 3 years experience in all aspects of the accounting function i.e., accounts payable, accounts receivable, equipment, and job costing.
Valid Driver's License is Required