Location: Edmonton, AB
Posting Date: November 20, 2019
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Full Time / Salary
Reporting to: Operations Controller
Under the direction of the Operations Controller, the Cost Administrator will be responsible for ensuring all costs are properly classified and all chargeable expenses are billed out to the client. The position is highly detail oriented, with a strong focus on internal/external customer service.
- Ensuring proper coding on POs issued;
- Ensuring all costs are properly classified;
- Transferring costs for Operations Controller and PMs as requested;
- Creating cost reports for Operations Controller and PMs as requested;
- Auditing Supplier and Contractor invoices in accordance with vendor/client contractual terms and conditions;
- Working with AP and operating departments to resolve billing discrepancies;
- Ensuring all chargeable expenses are billed out to the client;
- After hours coverage for issuing POs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and communication skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Detail and results oriented with the ability to multi task and adhere to deadlines;
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and adapt to a constant changing environment;
- Knowledge/understanding of job costing, time entry, billing and 3rd party vendor invoices processing;
- Able to follow procedures and directions;
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS office;
- Advanced Excel.
- Relevant post-secondary training in accounting;
- Over 3 years experience in all aspects of the accounting function i.e., accounts payable, accounts receivable, equipment, and job costing.
Valid Driver's License is Required