Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Posting Date: August 23, 2019
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Full Time / Hourly
Hours: Rotational Schedule
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is an earthworks and environmental group who continues to grow in projects, scope, and in our people. With four main offices in Edmonton, Acheson, Calgary and Fort McMurray; projects throughout Western Canada; nearly 500 workers; and hundreds of pieces of heavy equipment; Morgan continuously seeks to add top talent to their team.
The Site Administrator will ensure the prompt and accurate entry of project data including labour, equipment, safety, and materials into a custom costing/billing database as well as swift coordination of all logistics relating to crew members.
- Accurate and efficient data entry of daily labour, equipment and 3rd Party charges into a custom costing/billing database according to pre-established deadlines;
- Ensure project costs are allocated correctly to the corresponding job number and cost code;
- Administer all incoming and outgoing workers with respect to required tickets, training, transportation and travel, passes, and accommodations;
- Track and receive Purchase Orders in an electronic accounting software program;
- Assist Project Manager/Superintendent with crew logistics;
- Provide general administrative assistance as required including word processing, filing, transmittal generation and preparation of courier packages;
- Create and/or update existing spreadsheets, including but not limited to the tracking of site personnel, equipment hours, safety stats, and New to Morgan workers / mentors, ensuring that information is accurate and updated; and
- Other such administrative duties as required.
- Certificate from a recognized Office Administration, Accounting or Finance Program;
- Knowledge of basic payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Experience in a construction, oil/gas, or heavy equipment environment would be an asset;
- Intermediate to advanced level of Microsoft Excel and Word is required;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and a reliable vehicle; clean driver’s abstract;
- Must be experienced dealing with confidential information in accordance with privacy legislation;
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with organizational abilities;
- Detail and results oriented with the ability to multi task, and adhere to deadlines; and
- Must be willing to work assigned rotational shift and stay in camp accommodations.
Valid Driver's License is Required