Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Posting Date: August 12, 2019
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Full Time / Hourly
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is an earthworks and environmental group who continues to grow in projects, scope, and in our people. With four main offices in Edmonton, Acheson, Calgary and Fort McMurray; projects throughout Western Canada; nearly 500 workers; and hundreds of pieces of heavy equipment; Morgan continuously seeks to add top talent to their team.
- Near Fort McMurray - Must be able to travel to Edmonton, Alberta and drive to camp
- Camp provided
- Shifts are 21/7
- Actively supports safety culture by operating equipment and tools in a safe manner, follows Morgan’s Safe Work Procedures, follows Morgan’s PPE policies and practices and report all near misses and incidents to management in a timely fashion
- Understand the issues involving ground disturbance, lives sites and ability to work in and follow safe work practices and procedures and contribute to a safe work environment
- Understand issues involving ground disturbance and ability to work in and implement safe work practices and contribute to a safe work environment
- Demonstrates good judgment and think problems through where applicable, and suggests improvements on job quality
- Interacts with internal and external customers in a professional, courteous and respectful manner that contributes toward a positive and productive work site. Also, has the ability to work well with others, and independently.
- Improving job quality by identifying and suggesting improvements.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience on a water truck
- Must have CSTS-09 and OSSA Reginal Orientation OR OSSA BSO
- Must have Ground disturbance II, Standard First Aid level C, H2S Alive, Wildlife intermediate, Transportation of dangerous goods and Electronic General Safety Orientation.
- Experience as a Heavy Equipment Operator preferably in the heavy civil earthworks, construction or oilfield maintenance services industry is required
- Required to work outside under all weather conditions and handle noise and vibrations
- Must have own Safety boots-Requirement is 8" lace up steel toed (CSA Approved)
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 25lbs
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours a day
- Must be able to work day or night shifts
Please note as daily work scope changes, some labouring on site may be required
Benefits and in-house referral program available
Please visit mcel.ca for more information and submit your resume to email@example.com
All applicants are thanked for their interest, however only those who are selected will be contacted.
Valid Driver's License is Required