Location: Various locations throughout Alberta
Posting Date: November 03, 2019
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Full Time / Salary
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is a civil construction and environmental projects company headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta. We have major project expertise in the Oil &Gas, Mining, Municipal & Private Infrastructure industries throughout Western Canada.
We are a privately owned entrepreneurial minded company rooted from three generation of family.
We have managed growth for ten straight years becoming a leader in successful execution if client projects. We pride ourselves building win-win partnerships that bring continuous front-end planning improvements and long-term savings.
The primary function for the Assistant Project Manager is to assist in the planning, management and execution of assigned projects for Time and Material, Unit Price, or Lump Sum construction projects with the objective of enhancing and delivering excellence on all elements related to the project, including but not limited to: profitability, productivity, efficiency, schedule, safety, local inclusion, equipment utilization, and client management.
- Provide leadership within the corporate safety program to maintain excellence in safety performance;
- Assist with the establishment and administration of performance measurement systems to meet client service and contract expectations;
- Assist with the management of contract administration, including change order management, dispute resolution, contract review, annual contract performance evaluations, and quarterly contract review stewardships;
- Ensure that all company and subcontractor relationships and operations meet any applicable industry and regulatory standards while ensuring all gaps are closed in relation to risk reduction plans;
- Identify and coordinate projects and production to ensure maximum resource utilization and adherence to budget and schedule;
- Maintain application of corporate quality system including Requests for Information;
- Resolve issues as they arise with internal and external clients while maintaining positive working relationships;
- Other such duties as required.
- Post-Secondary technical training accompanied by extensive progressive managerial experience in the civil construction industry;
- Civil Engineering Technology/Technician or a Civil Engineering degree to be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated analytical and statistical knowledge using general business mathematical skills (able to prepare and understand budget reports);
- Ability to form strong working relationships with diverse groups of people, including company employees at all levels, clients, and stakeholders;
- Intermediate skills in MS Office, MS Project, or similar software programs;
- Ability to successfully manage heavy workloads with multiple priorities;
- Must be willing to travel; typically working 12 hours per day on a rotational schedule depending on site/client requirements and demands.
Morgan thanks you for your interest and application, but only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Valid Driver's License is Required