Location: Acheson, AB
Posting Date: September 20, 2019
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Full Time / Hourly
Reporting to: Equipment and Logistics Manager
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is an oilfield construction company based out of Edmonton, Alberta with over 50 years of experience working for resource corporations throughout Western and Northern Canada. We supply solutions for Civil Earthworks & Infrastructure, Oilfield & Oil Sands Construction, Environmental Remediation, Environmental Reclamation, Decommissioning & Demolition and Geo-Environmental Construction.
Reporting to the Equipment and Logistics Manager, the Trucking Foreman will lead our team of drivers, have daily interaction with our Logistics Coordinator, and oversee all field activities relating to heavy haul and truck fleet. The Trucking foreman will be travelling to various locations throughout Alberta. If hauling heavy equipment is your thing, we want to talk to you!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Act as a coach and mentor to the team;
- Lead by example with respect to safety, including leading weekly safety meetings;
- Road test potential heavy haul candidates;
- Coordinate with the internal team ensure tickets, transportation compliance, and performance management are current and meet or exceed industry standards;
- Review driver logbook and hours of service as well as any other related files;
- Maintain and record all third-party haul records;
- Analyze GPS, timesheets, and anomalies relating to bill of ladings;
- Ongoing coordination and partnership with maintenance team;
- Develop haul plans for mobilizing/demobilizing equipment;
- Conduct regular asset inspections;
- Perform other related transportation and duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Self-directed, task, and goal oriented;
- Problem solve, and resolve situations independently;
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines;
- Highly organized and good attention to detail; able to work on multiple, competing priorities at a time;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Minimum five (5) years’ progressive experience in a lead logistics and/or transportation role;
- Related experience / knowledge in Civil Construction and/or heavy equipment;
- Willing and able to spend majority of time in the field;
- Valid Class 1 licence.
Valid Driver's License is Required