Take caution to avoid fraudulent recruitment emails from third-parties pretending to be Morgan. Read More »
Location: Acheson, AB
Posting Date: July 17, 2018
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Full Time / Hourly
Reporting to: Director, Corporate Services
FIELD SERVICES MANAGER Reporting to the Director, Corporate Services, and based in Acheson, AB, the Field Services Manager is responsible for leading and motivating six direct reports and for the successful attraction, selection, onboarding, and placement of New-to-Morgan workers and rehires. In addition, the Manager will play a key role in the development and implementation of sustainable people programs for the company including, but not limited to: performance management, training, employee relations, and recognition.
• Ensure that the corporate values, Pillars of Excellence program, and human resource philosophy is understood, embraced, and implemented throughout the department, and personally demonstrates the same in all interactions and relationships, internally and externally. Empower the team to do the same.
• Lead and implement a strategic workforce plan and attraction strategy for field operations.
• Coach, mentor, manage, and motivate team of six direct reports.
• Develop proactive and innovative recruitment practices, processes, and procedures that fully support field operations’ needs for manpower.
• Anticipate future manpower requests and proactively implement timely and innovative methods of attracting top talent.
• Work closely with the Human Resource Advisor and the field with respect to performance management, general employee relations inquiries, progressive discipline, and emerging issues on the front line.
• Track and report on departmental KPIs which include: turnover, retention, time/cost to hire, A&D results, training, service levels, etc.
• Evaluate both processes and costs and seek to find efficiencies along with savings in alignment with the annual budget.
• Investigate human capital management platforms that would fit well for the growth of the company while leveraging the current applicant tracking and human information system Bullhorn.
• Oversee and act as the key subject matter expert of the corporate learning management system “BisTrainer”.
• Support Corporate Services in the review, improvement, development, and implementation of people programs and policies. • Participate as a key member of the management team, seeking to build collaborative and supportive relationships with all members. • Support the application and management of the temporary foreign worker program, ensuring applications are kept up to date and that all employees hired through the program meet the requirements. • Monitor and evaluate best practices and evolving trends in human resources.
• Act as a key back up to the Director, Corporate Services, for all human resource management related matters.
REQUIREMENTS • A minimum of four years of human resource experience in heavy civil construction and/or a related industry. Preference will be given to candidates who have worked on the contractor side. • At least two years of progressive supervisory experience, with a proven ability to lead and mentor others in a fast-paced, demanding environment. • Undergraduate degree in business, human resource management, and/or a combination of education and work experience in a related industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES • Direct experience recruiting field workers such as: labourers, heavy equipment operators, and mechanics. • Customer focused and strong relationship building skills. • Solutions-based approach, with a can-do attitude and the ability to troubleshoot on a whim. • Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding environment. • Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities. • Strong written and verbal communication skills, complemented by excellent attention to details, follow-up, and organizational skills. • Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and drive projects to completion. • Ability to handle sensitive and complex situations with sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
Valid Driver's License is Required
For general career inquiries, contact our Human Resources Team.
Phone: (780) 960-6966