- Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
- Creation date: 2022-01-05
Maintenance Foreman – Heavy Equipment
Our Foremen are LEADERS. Not only do they lead their crews to perform some of the most exciting work in the civil industry, but they are also industry leaders in safety.
Are you up to the challenge? Can you lead a crew of up-and-comers? Do you know how to inspire experienced maintenance workers? Do you live and breathe safety? Morgan is the place for you!
Our projects provide the challenges you need to take your career to the next level. Morgan’s entrepreneurial spirit and growth focus means you have year-round work with opportunity for growth and advancement. We can’t wait to see what we can build together
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is a rapidly growing civil construction contractor. Morgan currently holds long-term contracts in Alberta and BC for oilfield civil construction projects and has some exciting year-round opportunities available.
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, this role will provide direct oversight of staff working on the jobsite(s) and will ensure all maintenance work is completed safely and in full accordance with plans, specifications, scheduling, client’s direction, and good maintenance practices. The maintenance foreman is expected to work outside in all weather conditions, available to work 12 hours per day, demonstrate safe operation of equipment, able to read, comprehend and comply with site specific safety rules, maintenance instructions, training manuals, warning tags, traffic signs and procedure manuals. The maintenance foreman will be able to identify any potential hazards on site and implement the necessary pre-cautionary measure to prevent incidents.
- Lead by example by placing safety as the highest value.
- Participate in safety audits, equipment inspections, incident investigations, personnel conflicts, etc. to provide technical input and sound judgment.
- Ensure the corporate values are understood, embraced and implemented throughout the department; and personally, demonstrates them in daily interactions and relationships;
- Establish and model a culture of making decisions based on achieving and enhancing project profitability, meeting schedules, maintaining customer satisfaction, increasing field productivity and safety and in consideration of constraints and resources.
- Coordinate and supervises the repair and schedule(s) for on-going maintenance and preventive maintenance on assigned jobsites with the operations designate.
- Provides daily direction to field mechanics based on job priorities and monitors progress;
- Provide direction and clarifications to sub-trades on a daily basis and as requested, ensure they are following established project safety practices and standards.
- Provide field presence to ensure that the status of repairs are understood and repairs adhere to corporate quality standards.
- Assist the Maintenance Superintendent with evaluating various fleet items, and the advisability of continued repairs, overhauls, etc.
- Provides personal leadership to create positive and productive relationships with all internal and external parties to maximize performance and results.
- At least 2 years of progressive experiencing leading a maintenance team, ideally in various locations.
- A minimum of five years’ experience maintaining heavy equipment.
- Must be a licensed mechanic.
- Must be willing to spend approximately 75% of time in the field, and 25% of time performing safety and maintenance office duties.
- Must be able to repetitively lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours a day.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven experience working within a strong safety culture and leading others in the same.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience dealing with Permits.
- Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines.
- Highly organized and able to work on multiple, competing priorities at any one time.
WHY JOIN US?!
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Year-round work
Potential to earn:
- Finish Operator Bonus *Ask us for details
- Paid Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Retention Programs
- Northern Winter Retention Bonus for projects in the Wood Buffalo Region * Oct 3, 2021 – April 30, 2022