- Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
- Creation date: 2022-04-04
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is an earthworks and environmental group who continues to grow in projects, scope, and in our people. With four main offices in Edmonton, Acheson, Calgary and Fort McMurray; projects throughout Western Canada; nearly 500 workers; and hundreds of pieces of heavy equipment; Morgan continuously seeks to add top talent to their team.
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, the operator will be responsible for all types of work with clients, and worksite. The operator will ensure the equipment is being operated according to the safety standards, clients and by applicable laws. The equipment operators are expected to work outside in all weather conditions, available to work 12 hours per day, demonstrate safe operation of assigned equipment, able to read, comprehend and comply with site specific safety rules, maintenance instructions, training manuals, warning tags, traffic signs and procedure manuals. You must be able to travel to flight hubs, either Edmonton or Calgary. Camp is provided and shifts are 21/7 or 14/7.
- Actively supports safety culture by operating equipment and tools in a safe manner, follows Morgan’s Safe Work Procedures, follows Morgan’s PPE policies and practices and report all near misses and incidents to management in a timely fashion.
- Understand the issues involving ground disturbance and live sites.
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving, and suggests improvements on job quality.
- Interacts with internal and external customers in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner that contributes toward a positive and productive work site.
- Has the ability to work well with others and independently.
- Inspect equipment, such as tires, fluids, lights, and brakes to ensure equipment is fully functional and safe for operating.
- Must have at least 3 years of recent experience on a Rigid Frame Haul Truck.
- Must have (or be willing and able to obtain) CSTS-09/ OSSA Regional or BSO or CSO, Standard First Aid Level C, H2S Alive, Bear Awareness (in class), H2S Alive
- Experience as a Heavy Equipment Operator in the heavy civil earthworks, construction or oilfield maintenance services industry is required, mining experience would be considered an asset.
- Required to work outside under all weather conditions.
- Inspect equipment, such as tires, fluids, lights, brakes to ensure equipment is fully functional and safe for operating.
- Must have own Safety boots -Requirement is 8" lace up steel toed (CSA Approved) and winter appropriate clothing.
- Must provide a current 3yr Driver's abstract.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours a day.
- Must be able to work day or night shifts.
- Willingness to work in the Ft McMurray area and live in remote camps, working on a rotational schedule.
- *Please note as daily work scope changes, some labouring on site may be required.
- Willingness to work in the Ft McMurray area and live in remote camps, working a rotational schedule.
WHY JOIN US?!
- Camp provided
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Year-round work
Potential to earn:
- Finish Operator Bonus *Ask us for details
- Paid Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Retention Programs
- Labour Market Adjustment Program for all sites, in all regions * program to be revaluated Oct. 2022
Salary: $26.00-$32.00 per hour, dependant on experience.