- Location: Acheson, Alberta, Canada
- Creation date: 2021-11-24
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is an earthworks and environmental group who continues to grow in projects, scope, and in our people. With four main offices in Edmonton, Acheson, Calgary, and Fort McMurray; projects throughout Canada; and hundreds of pieces of heavy equipment; Morgan continuously seeks to add top talent to our team.Our projects provide the challenges you need to take your career to the next level. Morgan’s entrepreneurial spirit and growth focus means you have year-round work with opportunity for growth and advancement. We can’t wait to see what we can build together.
We are currently seeking experienced Heavy Haul Lowboy / Winch Truck Drivers
Under the direction of the Equipment and Logistics Manager, the Equipment Heavy Haul Lowboy / Winch Truck Driver, based out of our Acheson, Alberta office and is responsible for transporting heavy equipment (Excavators, Graders, Loaders, Scrapers, Dozers, Rock trucks, Tractors and Packers, etc.) to various work sites across Alberta.
- Transporting heavy equipment by operating a tractor and lowboy equipment trailers throughout various job sites in Alberta
- Loading equipment on and off of the low bed truck and following site safety rules and regulations
- Ensuring loads are secure by utilizing chains, tarps, as required
- General maintenance and upkeep of the vehicle as required - daily preventative maintenance inspections and safety checks
- Maintaining log books, field level hazard assessments and time sheets in an accurate and timely manner
- Keep truck in a clean condition
- Participate in toolbox and safety meetings as required
- Working with other members of the team in a professional manner to ensure we provide the best service possible to internal and external clients
- Minimum of five years transporting heavy equipment with multi axle (jeeps/boosters/trailers)
- Must have valid Class 1 driver's license with Air brake endorsement - candidate to provide a clean commercial drivers abstract
- Demonstrated ability, with extensive experience operating winch tractor, wheeler trailer and scissor neck trailers
- Knowledge and experience with heavy equipment within the oil and gas industry
- Willingness to work long hours including weekends
- Valid CSTS with OSSA Regional Orientation or OSSA BSO or CSO, Standard First Aid, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance II, Wildlife Intermediate (In-Class Course)
WHY JOIN US?!
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Year-round work
Potential to earn:
- Orientation Incentive Bonus
- Referral Bonuses
- Retention Programs
- Northern Winter Allowance for projects in the Wood Buffalo Region
Salary: $35.00-$46.00 per hour, dependant on experience.