- Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
- Creation date: 2022-04-04
**Do you have experience performing daily servicing of heavy equipment - fueling, lubrication and checking fluid levels? We want to hear from you!**
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is an earthworks and environmental group who continues to grow in projects, scope, and in our people. With four main offices in Edmonton, Acheson, Calgary, and Fort McMurray; projects throughout Western Canada; nearly 500 workers; and hundreds of pieces of heavy equipment; Morgan continuously seeks to add top talent to their team.
Under general supervision, the fuel & lube technicians are expected to work outside in all weather conditions, available to work 12 hours per day, demonstrate safe operation of assigned equipment, able to read, comprehend and comply with site specific safety rules, maintenance instructions, training manuals, warning tags, traffic signs and procedure manuals.
You MUST have a valid class 1 or class 3 with air brakes driver’s license. This position is responsible for the lubrication service and maintenance of a variety of equipment including, Excavators, Dozers, Rock Trucks, Heavy Haulers, Graders, Scrapers and Loaders.
- Diagnose & complete preventive maintenance on all company equipment.
- Grease booms, pulleys, buckets, and other components of heavy equipment.
- Lubricate running gears or moving parts of automobiles, trucks, or heavy equipment.
- Have a good working relationship with the Maintenance Department regarding repairs required.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is complete in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs work effectively and safely in shops or outdoor construction site environments.
- Ensure service trucks are kept clean, organized, and always maintained properly and ready for use.
- Maintains records of work performed.
- Completes daily vehicle log.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 50lbs.
- 2 years of work experience as a Fuel and Lube Technician.
- Previous experience driving a fuel truck.
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours a day.
- Must be able to work day or night shifts.
- Required to work outside under all weather conditions.
- Must have (or be willing to obtain) CSTS-09 / OSSA Regional or BSO or CSO, TDG, H2S Alive, Standard First Aid Level C, and Bear Awareness (in class).
- Unrestricted class 1 or 3 driver’s license with clean 5-year commercial drivers abstract is required.
- Willingness to work in the Ft McMurray area and live in remote camps, working on a rotational schedule.
All applicants are thanked for their interest, however only those who are selected will be contacted.
WHY JOIN US?!
- Camp provided
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Year-round work
Potential to earn:
- Finish Operator Bonus *Ask us for details
- Paid Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Retention Programs
- Labour Market Adjustment Program for all sites, in all regions * program to be revaluated Oct. 2022
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour, dependant on experience