- Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
- Creation date: 2021-11-24
Our Foremen are LEADERS. Not only do they lead their crews to perform some of the most exciting work in the civil industry, they are industry leaders in safety.
We perform challenging technical work with tight tolerances or specifications: highways, tank terminals, rail terminals and municipal jobs. We also have large volume projects: mine construction, mine reclamation and soil salvage, highway construction or resource road construction. We pull grade with the newest 3D GPS technology or the old school way to with stakes. We have something for the next generation as well as for the traditionalists.
Are you up to the challenge? Can you lead a crew of up-and-comers? Do you know how to inspire experienced operators? Do you live and breathe safety? Morgan is the place for you!
Our projects provide the challenges you need to take your career to the next level. Morgan’s entrepreneurial spirit and growth focus means you have year-round work with opportunity for growth and advancement. We can’t wait to see what we can build together.
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is an earthworks and environmental group who continues to grow in projects, scope, and in our people. With four main offices in Edmonton, Acheson, Calgary, and Fort McMurray; projects throughout Canada; and hundreds of pieces of heavy equipment; Morgan continuously seeks to add top talent to our team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Morgan’s leading value by operating in a safe manner and leading by example in all areas of safety.
- Maintain a courteous and professional relationship with clients. Respond to inquiries promptly and carry out work as required to satisfy client requests and project quality standards.
- Assist maintenance in scheduling equipment preventative maintenance or repair.
- Motivate, inspire, observe, and delegate tasks to crew.
- Inspire productivity, promote training and cross training, and create a positive team culture.
- Build a level of knowledge and understanding of safety practices, scheduling techniques, trade knowledge and employee engagement.
- 5+ years as a supervisor or foreman.
- Expert level experience as an excavator, dozer or grader operator.
- Experience in light and/or heavy civil earthworks. Preference given to experience in mining, oil sands, lease construction, highway construction, dam/dyke construction, landfill construction, underground utility installation, pad building, pad extensions, infills, sub prep, stripping, and/or dirt management.
- Must have (or be willing and able to obtain) CSTS-09 and OSSA Regional Orientation OR OSSA BSO, or CSO, Ground disturbance II, Standard First Aid level C, H2S Alive, Wildlife intermediate, WHMIS 2015
- Understand and be prepared to work up to 12 hours a day, with flexibility of both night and day shifts.
- Willing to work in the Ft. McMurray area and live-in remote camps, working a rotational schedule.
WHY JOIN US?!
- Camp provided
- Vacation and holiday pay
Potential to earn:
- Finish Operator Bonus
- Orientation Incentive Bonus
- Referral Bonuses
- Retention Programs
- Winter Northern Allowance for Fort McMurray Workers
Salary: $37.00-$47.00 per hour, dependant on experience.