- Department: MCEL
- Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Creation date: 2022-01-07
Reporting to the Field Recruitment Supervisor, the Field Recruiter is responsible for sourcing, attracting, engaging, and hiring field workers for Morgan’s heavy and light civil work. The ideal candidate will be based in Edmonton and will bring several years’ experience producing results in high volume recruitment environments.
- Understand and believe in Morgan values and Pillars of Excellence; consistently demonstrating alignment through everyday actions and able to ascertain best fit for the company based on candidates own values and beliefs.
- Understand the market conditions including competitors, utilizing this information to find unique ways to fulfil staffing needs by sourcing, engaging, and recruiting strong candidates;
- Build sourcing and marketing strategies to effectively engage active and passive candidates;
- Build partnerships with Project Managers and Site Superintendents, developing a keen understanding of short and long-term project staffing requirements;
- Proactively partner with the business to develop an in-depth understanding of resourcing;
- Regularly and proactively communicate project status with site and internal stakeholders;
- Build out talent pipelines of pre-qualified, available, and interested candidates;
- Identify and network with relevant talent pools to actively engage passive candidates, generating pipelines for current and future vacancies;
- Working closely with assigned Recruitment Coordinator(s), compile active and passive candidate target lists though research, cold calling, phone screens, social and professional networking;
- Manage candidate status using internal applicant tracking systems, documenting all communication and status updates;
- Understand site requirements, including equipment specifics, applying knowledge to candidate review and screening process;
- Confirm validity of safety certifications and arrange additional training when required;
- Clearly communicate expectations and next steps with candidates to ensure a seamless onboarding and mobilization experience;
- Follow up with and track employee candidate referrals;
- Conduct candidate references as required;
- Track and report on departmental KPIs which include: turnover, retention, time/cost to hire, A&D results, training, and service levels; and
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and COMPETENCIES
- Human Resources Degree or Diploma an asset;
- Previous recruitment experience in heavy civil / oil & gas environment and/or related experience in high volume recruitment;
- Possesses strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines;
- Intermediate skills in MS Office;
- Highly organized and able to work on multiple, competing priorities at any one time; and
- Provides an exceptional service focused approach.
You are a relationship builder. You quickly build rapport, trust, and can engage others. You are a problem solver and have a natural ability to read between the lines. You are digitally savvy, decisive, and are driven by results. You are motivated by the hunt to hire only the best. You thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment, and highly organized to keep it all running smoothly.