- Department: Maintenance
- Location: Acheson, Alberta, Canada
- Creation date: 2022-10-27
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is a leading provider of civil construction services. We work closely with project owners and engineers to ensure that every project’s needs are met. Our broad range of services allows us to work on virtually any phase of a project, from construction through decommissioning.
Reporting to Equipment Maintenance Manager this position supports the planning, management and execution of repairs with the objective of enhancing profitability, productivity and efficiency, meeting schedules and safety standards, and achieving corporate satisfaction objectives while providing personal leadership to create positive and productive relationships with all internal and external parties to maximize performance and results.
The primary functions of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Support Maintenance daily with jobsite issues and conflicts to mitigate costs, deterioration of relationships, quality of work, and schedule impacts;
- Assist with the evaluation of current and projected workflows and initiates re-allocation or re-prioritizing of maintenance personnel to meet priorities within an assigned area;
- Assists with providing a disciplined approach to all repair and maintenance reporting and documentation from all staff, with accurate and timely recording and reporting of all service and maintenance costs, work hours, equipment hour meters, purchase orders, and administrative details;
- Establishes and models a culture of making project decisions based on achieving and enhancing project profitability, meeting schedules, maintaining customer satisfaction, increasing field productivity and safety and in consideration of constraints & resources;
- Support implementation of Operating System and additional work flows within the Operating System
- Support requests from Operations and clients to meet operational needs – i.e. client audits, testing plans, procedure development etc.;
- Strategic and tactical thinking, with the drive and ability to meet quality, cost and scheduling targets;
- Leads safety by example and places safety as our highest value.
- Assists with Major Repair planning, scheduling and costing
- Assists with undercarriage management program
- Civil/Mechanical Engineering Technology/Technician, or relevant education considered an asset;
- At least 3-5 years of progressive experience leading a maintenance team;
- Knowledge of applicable environmental and OHS regulations;
- Must be able to form strong working relationships with diverse groups of people, including company employees at all levels, clients, and stakeholders;
- Excellent skills in Excel combined with intermediate skills in MS Office, MS Project, or similar software programs;
- Ability to successfully manage heavy workloads with multiple priorities;
- Proven experience working within a strong safety culture and leading others in the same;
- Possesses strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Highly organized and able to work on multiple, competing priorities at any one time; and
- Must be willing to travel; typically working 10 hours per day on a rotational schedule depending on site/client requirements and demands.
- Occasional site travel will be required