- Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
- Creation date: 2021-10-06
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is an earthworks and environmental group who continues to grow in projects, scope, and in our people. With four main offices in Edmonton, Acheson, Calgary and Fort McMurray; projects throughout Western Canada; nearly 500 workers; and hundreds of pieces of heavy equipment; Morgan continuously seeks to add top talent to their team.
We are currently seeking an experienced maintenance laborer to join our maintenance yard and shop in the Fort McMurray area!
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the site foreman or direct supervisor, the maintenance laborer is to perform parts pick-up and deliveries to site and other shop duties as required. The maintenance laborer will demonstrate safe operation of assigned equipment, able to read, comprehend and comply with site specific safety rules, maintenance instructions, training manuals, warning tags, traffic signs and procedure manuals.You MUST have a valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Providing requested parts to site and shops
- Reviewing parts for order accuracy
- Ensuring all parts are secured in place, using straps and chains as necessary
- Yard and Shop Laboring and/ or clean up may be required
- Operating Forklift or Skid Steer for yard clean up and moving parts around the yard
- Helping mechanics with preventative maintenance. Potential to move up into an apprenticeship program regarding servicing equipment
- Must have at least 3 years of experience driving for work, and laboring in a shop environment
- Must have (or be willing to obtain) CSTS-09 / OSSA Regional or BSO or CSO, TDG, H2S Alive, Standard First Aid Level C, and Bear Awareness (in class).
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with clean 3 year drivers abstract
- Required to work outside under all weather conditions
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours a day
- Must be able to work day or night shifts
- Local to Fort McMurray preferred
WHY JOIN US?!
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Year-round work
Potential to earn:
- Finish Operator Bonus
- Orientation Incentive Bonus
- Referral Bonuses
- Retention Programs
- Northern Winter Allowance for projects in the Wood Buffalo Region * Oct 3, 2021 – April 30, 2022