- Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
- Creation date: 2022-06-22
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is a rapidly growing earthworks and civil construction contractor. Morgan currently holds long-term contracts in Alberta for oilfield/oil sands civil construction projects and is involved in numerous infrastructure projects.
The primary function for the Project Manager is to assist in the planning, management and execution of assigned projects for Time and Material, Unit Price, or Lump Sum construction projects with the objective of enhancing and delivering excellence on all elements related to the project, including but not limited to: profitability, productivity, efficiency, schedule, safety, local inclusion, equipment utilization, and client management.
- Provide leadership within the corporate safety program to maintain excellence in safety performance;
- Assist with the establishment and administration of performance measurement systems to meet client service and contract expectations;
- Manage contract administration, including change order management, dispute resolution, contract review, annual contract performance evaluations, and quarterly contract review stewardships;
- Direct and supervise all area staff, including quality control personnel, environmental specialists, safety advisors, and administrators;
- Work closely with site superintendents and their field supervisors to achieve project goals;
- Ensure that all company and subcontractor relationships and operations meet any applicable industry and regulatory standards while ensuring all gaps are closed in relation to risk reduction plans;
- Identify and coordinate projects and production to ensure maximum resource utilization and adherence to budget and schedule;
- Oversee and maintain application of corporate quality system including Requests for Information;
- Resolve issues as they arise with internal and external clients while maintaining positive working relationships;
- Other such duties as required.
- Post-Secondary technical training accompanied by experience in the civil construction industry;
- Civil Engineering Technology/Technician or a Civil Engineering degree to be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated analytical and statistical knowledge using general business mathematical skills (able to prepare and understand budget reports);
- Ability to form strong working relationships with diverse groups of people, including company employees at all levels, clients, and stakeholders;
- Intermediate skills in MS Office, MS Project, or similar software programs;
- Ability to successfully manage heavy workloads with multiple priorities;
- Must be willing to travel; typically working 12 hours per day depending on site/client requirements and demands; and
- The ideal candidate will be Alberta based, with an expectation that the role is primarily based on site on a 10/4 rotational shift in the Wood Buffalo Region.