- Department: MCEL
- Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Creation date: 2022-01-06
Under the direction of the Controller, the Accounting Administrator supports the full cycle accounting for the Morgan Group subsidiary and related companies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare daily and monthly bank reconciliations, complete with following up on outstanding items.
- Create and post monthly journal entries.
- Process and manage intercompany reconciliations.
- Prepare and process employee expenses.
- Cash management and related companies bank accounts
- Maintenance of accounting general ledgers and various subledger and reconciliations, as required.
- Prepare and file GST returns.
- Assist with year-end review.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for various entities
- Confident in taking the initiative such as reviewing current processes and presenting alternate solutions to save time, cost or more efficient.
- Maintain CRA monthly and annual corporate filings
- Willingness to cross-train within the department to further skills and knowledge
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal/external customers and vendors
- Manage electronic accounting files for all subsidiary and related companies
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Possesses strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Possesses strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills; Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Must be self-directed, adaptable, task and goal oriented.
- Ability to cooperatively work with diverse groups developing, implementing compliance/policies and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines.
- Highly organized and able to work on multiple, competing priorities at any one time; Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strategic and tactical thinking, with the drive and ability to meet quality, cost and scheduling targets.
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and adapt to a constant changing environment;
- Ability to form strong working relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office suite of programs.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years construction industry, specifically corporate accounting.
- Technical college diploma or a recognized business program
- Designation is not a requirement
Dental care, Disability insurance, Extended health care, Life insurance, On-site parking, Paid time off, Vision care