- Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
- Creation date: 2022-10-21
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is an earthworks and environmental group who continues to grow in projects, scope, and in our people. With projects throughout Canada; over 500 workers; and hundreds of pieces of heavy equipment; Morgan continuously seeks to add top talent to their team.
Are you a top-notch dozer operator looking to improve your skills while running some of the best equipment in the game? Morgan is the place for you!
Our projects provide the challenges you need to take your career to the next level. Morgan’s entrepreneurial spirit and growth focus means you have year-round work with opportunity for growth and advancement. We can’t wait to see what we can build together.
* SUMMARY *:
Under general supervision, the operator will be responsible for all types of work with clients, and worksite. The operator will ensure the equipment is being operated according to the safety standards, clients and by applicable laws. The equipment operators are expected to: work outside in all weather conditions, available to work 12 hours per day, demonstrate safe operation of assigned equipment, able to read, comprehend and comply with: site specific safety rules, maintenance instructions, training manuals, warning tags, traffic signs and procedure manuals.
- Actively supports safety culture by operating equipment and tools in a safe manner, follows Morgan’s Safe Work Procedures, follows Morgan’s PPE policies and practices and report all near misses and incidents to management in a timely fashion.
- Understand the issues involving ground disturbance and live sites.
- Familiar with aspects of lease building, reclamation, road building, pad building and culvert installation.
- Willing to help ground personnel when required.
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and suggests improvements on job quality.
- Interacts with internal and external customers in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner that contributes toward a positive and productive work site.
- Has the ability to work well with others, and independently.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven experience with technical specifications and grade plans, building roads, oilfield leases and pads is preferred.
- Proven experience stripping overburden, ripping, placing top soil and reclamation activities in an active mine site
- Able to shovel out equipment tracks
- Inspect equipment, such as tracks, fluids, lights, brakes, and cutting edges to ensure equipment is fully functional and safe for operating.
- Able to identify hazards on sites and complete JSA’s and hazard analysis.
- Able to operate a Dozer of various sizes - D6T dozers, D8, D9 and/ or D10 Dozers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience on an excavator.
- Experience as a Dozer Operator in the heavy civil earthworks, construction or oilfield maintenance services industry is required.
- Must have (or be willing and able to obtain) CSTS-09/ OSSA Regional or BSO or CSO, Standard First Aid Level C, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance Level 2, Bear Awareness (in class).
- Required to work outside under all weather conditions and handle noise and vibrations and be prepared to work in winter conditions.
- Must have own Safety boots -Requirement is 6" lace up steel toed (CSA Approved).
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours a day.
- Must be able to work day or night shifts.
- Reliably commute to our work sites.
- Willingness to work in the Ft McMurray area and live in remote camps, working a rotational schedule.
WHY JOIN US?!
- Paid Training
- Referral Bonuses