- Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
- Creation date: 2021-08-18
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is an earthworks and environmental group who continues to grow in projects, scope, and in our people. With four main offices in Edmonton, Acheson, Calgary and Fort McMurray; projects throughout Western Canada; nearly 500 workers; and hundreds of pieces of heavy equipment; Morgan continuously seeks to add top talent to their team.
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the site supervisor or direct supervisor, this Skilled Construction Labourer position is to perform manual work to support construction activities and oilfield maintenance services.
Positions available in Fort McMurray. Camp is provided for positions located in Fort McMurray.
- Tasks may include shooting grade, carrying construction materials, shoveling, or racking soils, flagging, equipment watch, hand excavation around facilities and erosion control installation.
- Understand the issues with lives sites and ground disturbance.
- Demonstrates good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Knowing job procedures and if in doubt know where to locate written work procedures.
- Knowing the location of MSDS information, and reporting procedures.
- Notifying the Supervisor or Supervisor of any equipment deficiencies.
- Performing work with co-workers in a safe, responsible, and cooperative manner.
- Performing any other duty or task as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor and/or Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven experience with road building, oilfield leases and pads.
- Able to identify hazards on sites and complete JSA’s and hazard assessments.
- Able to interpret Survey layout would be an asset.
- Proven experience with installing underground utilities and culverts would be considered an asset.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as a labourer in the civil earthworks, construction, or oilfield maintenance services industry.
- Must have (or be willing and able to obtain) CSTS-09 / OSSA Regional Orientation or BSO or CSO, Standard First Aid Level C, H2S Alive, Bear Awareness (in class).
- Required to work outside under all weather conditions and handle noise and vibrations.
- Must have own Safety boots -Requirement is 8" lace up steel toed (CSA Approved).
- Must have valid class 5 drivers license
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours a day.
- Must be able to work day or night shifts.
WHY JOIN US?!
- Camp provided
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Year-round work
Potential to earn:
- Finish Operator Bonus
- Orientation Incentive Bonus
- Referral Bonuses
- Retention Programs