**Please note this position will be located remotely in Northern Ontario. Flights will be provided from major hubs around Canada into Timmins, and then buses will take you to the remote work site approximately 3.5 hours away, rotational travel pay will be provided. Camp accommodations will be provided, and a schedule of 20/10. Heavy Civil/Mining Experience is preferred**
Reporting to the Director, HSE as well working closely with the site management, this position provides guidance and direction to all site workers including project management, employees, and subcontractors with respect to corporate and client safety policies, practices, procedures, and legislative requirements. The HSE Advisor will be seen as a go-to for all things safety and as such, will walk the talk and exemplify the values of Morgan with Safety at the top.
· Conducts corporate and field level orientation for employees and subcontractors;
· Participates and leads safety meetings as required;
· Encourages and promotes a safe work culture with a positive attitude and team centric approach;
· Monitors the performance of work and ensures conformance to Morgan’s Safe Work Practices and Procedures;
· Works with employees, supervisors and management to identify potential hazards on the work site;
· Performs various levels of worksite inspections, attests, and audits, and follows through with appropriate levels of coaching and support for all corrective actions;
· Proactively identifies leading indicators and trends in the field and communicates the same back to the field and corporate;
· Investigates incidents and near misses with supervision and other key management;
· Communicates established policies, practices and procedures to workers and remain informed on changes provided from the Director, HSE; and
· Continuously considers opportunities in the safety management program bringing innovative, industry leading best practices and initiatives to the forefront for consideration
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Advanced knowledge of Ontario OH&S Act and Regulations;
· Must have experience in heavy civil equipment operations (mining experience is an asset):
· Intermediate proficiency in MS Office suite of programs;
· Demonstrated skills in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with internal/external individuals;
· Effective time management and very organized;
· Excellent communication, both written and verbal skills;
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, show initiative, establish and prioritize tasks;
· Ability to stand and walk over various terrain for periods of time;
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs from a low, waist and shoulder height; and
· Ability to work various work schedules/rotations as required.
· Must have a minimum of 5 years Safety Advisory experience in heavy equipment or civil construction industry;
· High school diploma with relevant post-secondary education is an asset;
· NCSO designation/ OH&S designation is required at a minimum;
· Standard/ Intermediate First Aid certification is mandatory;
· Must be willing to travel throughout Ontario;
· Ability to work day and night shift as required;
· Camp based position onsite;
· Shift rotations- 20/ 10 schedule;
· Flights provided to Timmins (from Canadian major hubs). Bussing to site location to and from airport.
· Clean driving abstract
This position is field based and may travel to multiple locations as per project requirements.
The selected candidate is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: viewing a computer terminal for extended periods of time; and extensive reading. The incumbent is also required to stand and sit for extended periods of time and will require good physical attributes for walking on uneven ground, climbing, frequent lifting, and sitting.
All applicants are thanked for their interest, however only those who are selected will be contacted.