- Location: Acheson, Alberta, Canada
- Creation date: 2022-08-23
Morgan believes that our strength is in our people. We seek out highly skilled individuals with the experience and interpersonal skills required in today’s marketplace. Our projects provide the challenges you need to take your career to the next level. Morgan’s entrepreneurial spirit and growth focus means you have large volume projects with opportunity for growth and advancement. We can’t wait to see what we can build together.
Reporting to the Equipment and Logistics Manager, the Senior Equipment Coordinator ensures maximum utilization of equipment assets and obtains the best pricing and service on equipment rentals to supplement internal fleet as requested by Operations.
In this position you will be part of Morgan's success by:
- Being a part of a team that exemplifies our values, builds trust, and works hard to be innovative and find a better way, and we all hold each other accountable to maintain these high standards;
- Make every effort to ensure that operations have what they need to keep dirt moving. Our small team works in a dynamic ever changing and evolving environment;
- Successfully managing challenging workloads with multiple competing priorities. We are continuously providing solutions and solving problems;
- Building strong relationships with Operations through coordination of equipment needs and moves on multiple jobsites; and
- Dedicating yourself to the overall safety and success of our team.
- Maintain daily communication and documentation with operations team regarding equipment;
- Liaise between operations group and maintenance group;
- Oversee equipment readiness across the organization, including coordinating with operations and maintenance team to ensure equipment is job ready
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and process improvement;
- Build relationships with vendors in an effort to obtain competitive pricing, timely billings and swift resolutions of any issues; and
- Coordinate and locate equipment, both internal and external;
- Experience preferred with Tendering and Estimating, Bid Packages, RFP/RFQs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
- 5-7 years of equipment coordination experience in a heavy civil environment or exposure to heavy equipment;
- Proven track record leading and mentoring employees
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining quick and timely responses to high volume of emails
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines;
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS office, with specific strengths in Excel and Outlook;
- Highly organized and able to work on multiple, competing priorities at any one time;
- Dedication to exceptional customer service to both internal and external clients; and
- Must be willing to work some overtime and within an on-call schedule (i.e. evenings and weekends).
WHY JOIN US?!
- Paid vacation
- Competitive wages and benefits starting immediately
- Dynamic team environment
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.