> Heavy Haul Lowboy / Winch Truck Driver
- Location: Acheson, Alberta, Canada
- Creation date: 2023-03-15
Why Join Us?!
Morgan believes that our strength is in our people. We seek out highly skilled individuals with the experience and interpersonal skills required in today’s marketplace. Our projects provide the challenges you need to take your career to the next level. Morgan’s entrepreneurial spirit and growth focus means you have year-round work with opportunity for growth and advancement. We can’t wait to see what we can build together.
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is an oilfield construction company based out of Edmonton, Alberta with over 50 years of experience working for resource corporations throughout Western and Northern Canada. We supply solutions for Civil Earthworks & Infrastructure, Oilfield & Oil sands Construction, Environmental Remediation, Environmental Reclamation, Decommissioning & Demolition and Geo-Environmental Construction.
Heavy Haul Lowboy/Winch Truck Driver
We are currently seeking experienced Heavy Haul Lowboy and/or Winch Truck Drivers
Under the direction of the Equipment and Logistics Manager, the Equipment Heavy Haul Lowboy / Winch Truck Driver, based out of our Acheson, Alberta office and is responsible for transporting heavy equipment (Excavators, Graders, Loaders, Scrapers, Dozers, Rock trucks, Tractors and Packers, etc.) to various work sites across Alberta.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Transporting heavy equipment by operating a tractor and lowboy equipment trailers throughout various job sites in Alberta
- Loading equipment on and off of the low bed truck and following site safety rules and regulations
- Ensuring loads are secure by utilizing chains, tarps, as required
- General maintenance and upkeep of the vehicle as required - daily preventative maintenance inspections and safety checks
- Maintaining log books, field level hazard assessments and time sheets in an accurate and timely manner
- Participate in toolbox and safety meetings as required
- Working with other members of the team in a professional manner to ensure we provide the best service possible to internal and external clients
- Minimum of five years transporting heavy equipment with multi axle (jeeps/boosters/trailers)
- Must have valid Class 1 driver's license with Air brake endorsement - candidate to provide a clean commercial drivers abstract
- Demonstrated ability, with extensive experience operating winch tractor, wheeler trailer and scissor neck trailers
- Knowledge and experience with heavy equipment within the oil and gas industry
- Willingness to work long hours including weekends
- Valid CSTS with OSSA Regional Orientation or OSSA BSO or CSO, Standard First Aid, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance II, Wildlife Intermediate (In-Class Course)
WHY JOIN US?!
- Camp provided
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Year-round work
This position is based out of our Acheson, Alberta office
CA$35.00 - CA$46.00 per hour based on experience.