- Department: Morgan Field Services
- Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
- Creation date: 2022-01-04
We are currently searching for a Construction Surveyor to join our team. If you have previous experience in the civil construction field or a similar industry we want to hear from you today!
This position will travel on rotational schedule to various construction sites throughout Alberta.
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is an oilfield construction company based out of Edmonton, Alberta with over 50 years of experience working for resource corporations throughout Western and Northern Canada. We supply solutions for Civil Earthworks & Infrastructure, Oilfield & Oil sands Construction, Environmental Remediation, Environmental Reclamation, Decommissioning & Demolition and Geo-Environmental Construction.
The successful candidate will communicate with relevant parties to obtain plans, specifications and electronic documents to provide the layout information. This person will interpret plans, specifications and electronic documents to provide direction to construction crews either verbally or by installing construction staking.
- Day to day field staking in accordance with project design.
- Quantity pick-up and calculation.
- Effectively communicates proper layout information to relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot survey layout and machine control data onsite; ensure data is correct and updated.
- Troubleshoot and repair all survey equipment.
- Communicate with Design Engineers regarding project design.
- Extensive GPS Construction layout experience using Trimble or Topcon equipment with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Post-Secondary Education in a surveyor program from an accredited technical school would be an asset. High School Diploma is required.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Safety tickets - Standard First Aid, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance level 2, CST/PST would be considered an asset.
- Flexibility/ Adaptability - Proven ability to manage and thrive in an environment of constant change overcoming obstacles and seeing opportunities instead of roadblocks
- Communication – Able to express oneself (verbally and in writing) in a clear, concise and professional manner that encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Teamwork - Proven ability establishing and maintaining harmonious working relationships with internal and external clients that promotes good morale, cooperation and a sense of belonging within the team.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Edmonton based would be an asset.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package.
- The chance to work with a great team where Safety is an integral part of our culture.
- The opportunity to learn new skills and advance your career.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in Morgan but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.