- Department: MCEL
- Location: Alberta, Canada
- Creation date: 2022-01-06
Morgan houses a well-established demolition division with over 40 years of combined experience within its core leadership and executions team. This team has been responsible for the safe execution of many of Western Canada’s largest demolition projects, and excels at meeting schedule and cost, in a safe manner in the most challenging environments. Morgan has since broadened its industrial service offering with the inclusion of our specialized abatement services team to form the Morgan Demolition and Abatement brand or MDA. The collective environmental services team at Morgan has an impressive project portfolio of recent works of varying scope, scale, and technicality while maintaining an exemplary safety record.
Morgan’s Industrial Demolition division is looking to add an experienced Project Manager to their team. The primary function for the Project Manager is to assist in the planning, management and execution of assigned projects for Time and Material, Unit Price, or Lump Sum construction projects with the objective of enhancing and delivering excellence on all elements related to the project, including but not limited to: profitability, productivity, efficiency, schedule, safety, local inclusion, equipment utilization, and client management.
- Provide leadership within the corporate safety program to maintain excellence in safety performance;
- Assist with the establishment and administration of performance measurement systems to meet client service and contract expectations;
- Manage contract administration, including change order management, dispute resolution, contract review, annual contract performance evaluations, and quarterly contract review stewardships;
- Direct and supervise all area staff, including superintendents, quality control personnel, environmental specialists, safety advisors, and field supervisors;
- Ensure that all company and subcontractor relationships and operations meet any applicable industry and regulatory standards while ensuring all gaps are closed in relation to risk reduction plans;
- Identify and coordinate projects and production to ensure maximum resource utilization and adherence to budget and schedule;
- Oversee and maintain application of corporate quality system including Requests for Information;
- Resolve issues as they arise with internal and external clients while maintaining positive working relationships;
- Other such duties as required.
- Post-Secondary technical training accompanied by progressive project management in the construction industry;
- Mechanical, project management or construction management technical diploma or degree;
- Project Management experience in an industrial environment, preference given to candidates with demolition exposure;
- Demonstrated analytical and statistical knowledge using general business mathematical skills (able to prepare and understand budget reports);
- Ability to form strong working relationships with diverse groups of people, including company employees at all levels, clients, and stakeholders;
- Intermediate skills in MS Office, MS Project, or similar software programs;
- Ability to successfully manage heavy workloads with multiple priorities;
- Must be willing to travel; typically working 12 hours per day on a rotational schedule depending on site/client requirements and demands; and
- The ideal candidate will be Calgary or Edmonton based, with an expectation that the role is primarily based on site on a rotational shift.