Take caution to avoid fraudulent recruitment emails from third-parties pretending to be Morgan. Read More »
Posting Date: February 08, 2018
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Full Time / Hourly
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Equipment and Logistics Manager, the Trucking Foreman will manage all drivers, have a dotted line oversight to the Logistics Coordinator, and oversee all field activities relating to heavy haul and truck fleet.
• Lead by example with respect to safety.
• Conduct inspections and attests regularly throughout the week.
• Effectively manage all truck drivers by recruiting, training, disciplining, and retaining top talent.
• Act as a coach and mentor to the team.
• Lead weekly safety meeting with drivers.
• Attend weekly Corporate Safety Excellence Meetings.
• Road test potential driver candidates.
• Coordinate with the Logistics Coordinator, Human Resources, and Safety with respect to tickets, transportation compliance, and performance management.
• Review driver logbook and hours of service while also approving all related files with respect to expenses, service costs incurred, etc.
• Maintain and record all third-party haul records including purchase orders, reconciliation of bill of ladings, invoicing, and tracking to meet internal processes. • Analyze GPS, timesheets, and anomalies relating to bill of ladings. • Ongoing coordination and partnership with maintenance team for scheduling of CVIP’s and repairs on heavy haul equipment. • Develop haul plans for mobilizing/demobilizing equipment from projects including inspecting worksites and understanding hazards, client requirements and equipment priorities. • Perform other related transportation and duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: • Possesses strong written and verbal communications skills. • Must be self-directed, task, and goal oriented. • Initiative – being able to act, problem solve, and resolve difficult situations independently. • Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines. • Highly organized and able to work on multiple, competing priorities at any one time. • Experienced in Microsoft Word and Excel.
REQUIREMENTS: • A minimum of five years’ progressive experience in a lead logistics and/or transportation role. • Must have related experience / knowledge in Civil Construction and/or heavy equipment. • Must be willing to spend majority of time in the field. • A valid Class 1 licence.
All applicants are thanked for their interest, however only those who are selected will be contacted.
Valid Driver's License is Required
For general career inquiries, contact our Human Resources Team.
Phone: (780) 960-6966