Take caution to avoid fraudulent recruitment emails from third-parties pretending to be Morgan. Read More »
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posting Date: August 16, 2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Full Time / Salary
Hours: 8:00 - 5:00 M-F
Dually reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) and the Director, Corporate Services, the Executive Assistant plays a lead administrative role within Morgan’s Corporate Head Office in Edmonton, Alberta. Responsible for managing all aspects of support for the CEO, senior leadership, and day-to-day office management, in addition to creating a strong first impression for all those who contact the Head Office.
• Provide direct administrative and office management support to all members of the leadership team, as directed.
• Promptly answer the multi-line telephony system and direct/screen calls appropriately, or relay messages when applicable in a timely, courteous, and professional manner.
• Receive and screen all inbound telephone calls, e-mails, and visitors for the CEO.
• Maintain appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel for the CEO.
• Uphold the professionalism of all common areas including: copy room, reception area, kitchen, boardrooms, and storage rooms, by ensuring that the areas are kept tidy, supplies replenished, and confidential materials protected.
• Prepare boardroom(s) and common areas for company meetings and visitors, including preparation of the boardroom to ensure comfort, catering requests, and post meeting cleanup.
• Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for senior leadership.
• Act as the key contact for all office maintenance, supplies, cleanliness, organization, and the overall experience for Morganites and visitors.
• Receive, date stamp, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail / courier shipments.
• Source, order, receive, and manage the inventory of all office supplies.
• Manage incoming and outgoing field requests relating to IT hardware, printers, and supplies.
• Review all documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for executive signatures for format, content, grammar, spelling, and make edits as necessary.
• Act as the key contact for all vendors relating to janitorial, security, plumbing, air conditioning, snow clearing, etc. and review all related invoices / costs for accuracy and cost savings.
• Work closely with IT and Corporate Services with respect to IT business solutions, requests, and facility maintenance matters.
• Manage all printer leases, maintenance contracts, and toner supplies, in addition to regularly reviewing usage and considering optimal utilization of all assets.
• Regularly update and maintain office key fobs / keys, security alarm PINs, land (desk) lines, distribution lists, contact details, etc. for all new and departed employees.
• Review mobility and data usage, flagging users who are exceeding their maximum limit.
• Receive field project file boxes upon project completion and in a timely manner review all contents to either sort, file, archive, or shred.
• Prior to their first day, support all new corporate hires by ensuring the work space is ready, new hire package printed and collated, business cards (if required) ordered, etc. and on first day / week, help to orientate the new hire with the facilities, emergency procedures, and people. • Contribute to Morgan’s 1% initiative by finding innovative solutions to save money and provide added value by streamlining processes and increasing efficiencies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Provides a strong first impression recognizing the importance of providing unwavering excellence in customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Must be able to communicate effectively.
• Must exhibit a high level of tolerance and diplomacy. • Excellent organizational abilities with a high attention to detail. • Ability to multi-task and thrives in high pressure situations. • Motivated to work independently and as a contributing member of the team. • Intermediate to Advanced level of Microsoft Office products with specific strengths in Word and Outlook.
• Post Secondary Diploma in Business Administration, or relevant discipline, required. • At least 3 - 4 years’ executive administration experience preferably in a fast-paced, construction, business, or legal environment.
Valid Driver's License is Required
For general career inquiries, contact our Human Resources Team.
Phone: (780) 960-6966