Location: Edmonton, AB
Posting Date: August 04, 2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Full Time / Salary
DEMOLITION PROJECT MANAGER
Morgan’s Environmental Business Unit (EBU) is seeking a project management professional who brings significant experience in civil construction, decommissioning, decontamination, abatement and disposal, and building demolition. Reporting to the EBU Manager, the Project Manager will play a key role in supporting the vision of continued growth and geographical expansion of the EBU by strategically building and promoting sustainable client partnerships and strong, unwavering project execution across Western Canada.
- Provide leadership within the corporate safety program to maintain excellence in safety performance;
- Lead in the planning, management and execution of assigned projects for Time and Material, Unit Price, or Lump Sum environmental remediation/reclamation and/or demolition projects;
- Assist with the establishment and administration of performance measurement systems to meet client service and contract expectations;
- Assist in contract administration, including change order management, dispute resolution, contract review, annual contract performance evaluations, and quarterly contract review stewardships;
- Ensure that all company and subcontractor operations meet any applicable industry and regulatory standards;
- Identify and coordinate projects and production to ensure maximum resource utilization and adherence to budget and schedule;
- Manage, mentor, and motivate personnel in EBU;
- Provide regular project status updates to EBU Manager and VP Construction on work safety, work progress, job costing, and key performance indicators;
Identify upcoming opportunities with existing and new clients; and
- Prepare and submit proposals, tenders, and pre-qualifications in response to specific client needs and in support of the EBU in general.
- Must have Civil Engineering Technology/Technician, Civil Engineering or Environmental Sciences degree to be considered;
- At least 5 years in demolition of both upstream and downstream sites;
- Progressive project management experience with decommissioning, decontamination and demolition;
- Must be able to form strong working relationships with diverse groups of people, including company employees at all levels, clients, and stakeholders;
- Knowledge of applicable environmental and OHS regulations;
- Intermediate skills in MS Office, MS Project, or similar software programs;
- Proven ability to attract new business and build sustainable client relationships; and
- Position will be based out of Edmonton, with frequent field travel throughout Western Canada.
All applicants are thanked for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Valid Driver's License is Required