Location: Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Posting Date: August 03, 2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Full Time / Hourly
Pipe Layer - Must have minimum 2 years experience
This is NOT a Pipe Fitter or Plumber Position
LOCATION: Fort Saskatchewan - LOCAL ONLY
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is currently hiring experienced pipe layers for our project by Fort Saskatchewan, AB. Must have experience with water and sewer. Must have required safety tickets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Laying and joining concrete, plastic or cast-iron pipe for drains, sewers and Watermains
- Rigging pipe for hoisting
- Prepare and grade trenches manually or working with onsite equipment operators
- Participating in toolbox meetings and pre-task inspections
- Ensuring all work is completed within specifications and according to blueprints or building plans
- Maintaining tools, cords and equipment so that they are kept in good working order and are safe for use
- Maintaining the work area(s) in a clean and orderly manner on a continuous basis.
- Regularly required to stand as well as other physical requirements such as sitting, walking, climbing or balancing and stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling.
- Communicating with other crew members and following Foreman’s instructions
- Various other site tasks
- Be physically fit to perform manual labour in all types of environments and conditions, including heavy lifting
- Participate in training and other forms of development to strengthen technical, safety and other skills.
- Consistently report for work on time and in PPE
- Required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol and fit to work testing.
- H2S Alive, Standard First Aid Level C, CSTS, CSA approved steel toed boots with 8” ankle support
- Must have a drivers license as this site requires you to get yourself to and from work.
- Current Fusing Ticket will be a huge asset
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a pipelayer
All applicants are thanked for their interest, however only those who are selected will be contacted.
Valid Driver's License is Required