Location: Edmonton, AB
Posting Date: July 28, 2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Full Time / Hourly
JUNIOR PROJECT MANAGER
The primary function for the Junior Project Manager is to assist in the planning, management and execution of assigned projects for Time and Material, Unit Price, or Lump Sum construction projects.
- Provide leadership within the corporate safety program to maintain excellence in safety performance;
- Assist with the establishment and administration of performance measurement systems to meet client service and contract expectations;
- Assist the Project Manager in contract administration, including change order management, dispute resolution, contract review, annual contract performance evaluations, and quarterly contract review stewardships;
- Ensure that all company and subcontractor operations meet any applicable industry and regulatory standards;
- Identify and coordinate projects and production to ensure maximum resource utilization and adherence to budget and schedule;
Other such duties as required.
- Must have Civil Engineering Technology/Technician or a Civil Engineering degree to be considered;
- Ideally seeking a candidate who is a recent graduate (1-3 years) of their civil program and seeking hands-on experience to launch their career in civil construction on the contractor side;
- Must be able to form strong working relationships with diverse groups of people, including company employees at all levels, clients, and stakeholders;
- Must have an understanding of applicable environmental and OHS regulations;
- Intermediate skills in MS Office, MS Project, or similar software programs;
- Ability to successfully manage heavy workloads with multiple priorities;
- Must be willing to travel; typically working 12 hours per day on a rotational schedule depending on site/client requirements and demands;
- Position will be based out of Calgary or Edmonton, with frequent field travel throughout Western Canada.
Valid Driver's License is Required